Juggling Sheep
Welcome to Juggling Sheep, Jay Perry's blog about time management and personal productivity for pastors. Learn to balance work, life, family, and personal spirituality.

Share your best practices, tips and tricks, processes, sermon planning ideas, and resources. Feel free to email me: jaylperry[at]gmail[dot]com.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Getting Things Done - Contextualized Task Lists

I had figured out the difference between projects and tasks. Now it was time to put my tasks on context-sensitive (contextualized) task lists. These are in my Palm Pilot as different "ToDo" list categories.

Here are some of my ToDo action categories:
"@Agendas" - things I want to talk to certain people about when I see them.
"@Call" - calls I need to make when I'm in a calling mood.
"@Computer" - things I need to do that require a computer.
"@Errands" - things I need to do when I'm out and about.
"@Home" - things I need to do at home.
"@Office" - things I need to do at my office.
"@Read" - things I need to read (when I'm in a reading mood).
"Waiting for" - things I'm waiting to hear back on (delegated or otherwise).

Then I also have my two compulsory project categories:
"Projects"
"Someday/Maybe"

I try not to write the items into my Palm Pilot directly. My graffiti just isn't fast enough. So I type them in on the computer and sync the Palm Pilot.

I patterned my ToDo list categories after David Allen's. You can download his article on setting up your PalmPilot here.

1 comment:

Tara Forrest said...

Thanks for this bblog post